Alexami is all about keeping makeup simple and natural because we feel there is no greater beauty than that which we were born with. So, naturally (no pun intended!), we were swooning over the bare faces appearing on the runways for the Spring/Summer 2013 season.
How to Achieve the Perfect Bare Face
The key with this look is to correct your skin and complexion so that you have less of a need for coverups like foundation and concealer.
For the ultimate flaw-free skin, use Alexami’s new HydroBotanique Ultimate Hydration Package which contains all the products you need for the best, most hydrating skin routine that your skin could ask for without the need for an endless amount of products.
- Begin your routine in the evening by cleansing off old makeup using the Facial Mitt and lukewarm water.
- Gently remove your eye makeup with the Eye Cleansing Oil on a cotton pad being careful to avoid getting the product in your eyes.
- Using clean hands or the Facial Mitt, apply the Purifying Gentle Cleanser onto your face in circular motions, massaging gently to stimulate blood flow. Rinse with more water.
- Dab your face dry with a clean towel then spray the Hydrating Toning Mist generously over your face, neck and décolletage. Fan dry for a moment.
- Once the Hydrating Toning Mist is almost dry, squeeze 3-4 drops of the Exotic8 Facial Oil onto the back of your hand then apply all over the face, neck and décolletage, massaging gently.
- When you awaken in the morning, repeat steps 4 and 5 and leave to absorb for 20 minutes.
- Before applying your makeup, apply a pea size drop of the 2-in-1 Hydrating Primer all over the face and neck.
- Using our Vegan Kabuki Brush and Mineral Foundation Powder, apply your desired level of coverage over your face and blend down your neck.
- Press your ring finger into the powder and apply to under eye circles and other discoloration that require extra coverage.
- Blend everything out again with the Kabuki Brush.
- For a more dewy glow, finish your look with a light spray of the Hydrating Toning Mist.
Voila! The flawless bare face. Now, you can stop here or polish the look by lightly contouring and highlighting with Alexami’s Mineral Bronzer and Illuminating Powder then filling in your brows with an Angle Brush and powder 2 shades lighter than your natural brow colour.
As women, we tend to hide behind the illusion of a face full of makeup but you’ll never know the true feeling of freedom and confidence that comes with baring your real, powerful, beautiful, feminine self (and it also means less time getting ready in the morning!)
Work what your mama gave you, take the leap of confidence and dare to be bare.
What do you think of this trend? Do you prefer a barer face or a more dramatic look?
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.