We all love our mineral powder but there are times in our lives the call to have a good liquid foundation on hand. Well, what if I told you that you could have the best of both worlds and find it in the same makeup product? Today, I’ll be sharing with you how to turn your mineral powder into a liquid foundation! Sound like fun? Then keep reading…
Things You’ll Need:
- Mineral powder of your choice (I used Alexami mineral powder Ivory)
- A face oil (almond, coconut, baobab, jojoba, tamanu) – it depends on your skin type
- A mixing cup
- A small spatula
- Optional: Essential oil (make sure you know the oil is safe on the face first!)
1. Pour as much powder as you desire into your mixing tub.
2. Add facial oil. Ratio of powder to oil is 2:1. Stir with spatula until no lumps remain. Remember to add more powder or oil depending on the consistency you’d like.
3. Add 2 drops of your chosen essential oil and stir again.
4. Apply mixture to face with a sponge, foundation brush or fingers.
5. Finish it with another layer of dry Alexami mineral powder or with Alexami translucent powder if desired. Setting powder is especially recommended in humid climates or on oily skin.
6. You’re done!
Below are my results from applying one layer of my new foundation by blotting it on with my sponge. I love the coverage and it gets rid of my unwanted redness. Please excuse my awkward face!
Also note that mine looks quite oily as I used coconut oil. If I had it around, I would have used jojoba as it is more delicate. It’s all about experimenting to find what works best for yourself and your skin. :-)
Hope this inspired you guys to try it out for yourself!
Until next time
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.